Thursday 19 November 2015

Addicted to sex!


Following on from my post about talking sex, I reflected on previous conversations I have had over the years with both my male and female friends. I am finding myself to be one of the few in my circle that loves sex so much I could say I have become addicted to it. Conversation directions and others views have made me stop and think about how I feel about sex and what I feel is enough for me. My conclusion is that I have become addicted to sex! While writing this blog I then thought, what is the meaning of sex addiction and am I truly addicted.

Through my research I thought it would be a good thing to see if I was a sex addict given my high sex drive and desire. During this research, I discovered a website that allowed me to take a test to determine if I was a sex addict, well it turns out with no surprise, I do have a sex addiction. Am I concerned regarding these results? Completely not! Am I going to seek any help for it? Completely not! I am happy with who I am and know that my love of sex does not impact poorly on my family, friends and job. However, I do feel it has impacted on my relationships with potential partners and prevents me from forming any kind actual relationship outside a sexual one. 

The more I read, the more I realise sex addiction is like any other addiction and the reasons behind it are varied just as much as the levels of the addiction. I may feel I have a sex addiction you may too, should we be concerned about this? Well, that is dependent on the individual. My addiction to sex makes me crave it even stronger, and if I am unable to obtain sex, I turn to masturbation, both things are perfectly normal and cause no problem. If you are worried that you have a problem with sex addiction and finding that it impacts on your relationships with family, friends, job and if you are taking risks especially of the illegal kind seeking professional help for advice.

The average amount a person has sex is……. I don't think it matters what the average is to be completely honest with you, why should it matter how much sex your friends are having or your co-workers because at the end of the day the amount of sex you have matters only to yourself. For me, I average two times a day given some days are more, and some are less depending on what is going on in my life and the availability and desire of the sexual partners I have. Within relationships, the average should take into account both persons and finding common ground, and a happy medium.This will create a satisfying and long-term relationship. I am satisfied with the amount of sex, although sometimes, I wish it was more given I am a sex addict. Surprisingly there aren't many men who can keep up with me.

If I am not having enough sex or not having gratifying sex then, I become agitated and irritable. My friends notice this, and one particular reminds me that there is no crime in having sex. "So find a willing man and get your sex on". We often laugh and joke about how snappy I get when I am not having sex or even gratifying sex. One day my friend was telling me about a conversation she had with a man trying to obtain sex with her. She explained that she wasn't a woman that seeks random sex with men in which he replied  "everyone needs sex", my friends reply was "no one has died from not having sex". My response to this conversation was "I may be the exception to the rule".

I will put it out there I love sex, and I love talking about sex, not to mention having it and learning as much as I can about the topic. I do not have an issue with my sex addiction. I can say I am sexually satisfied when I have great sex. Am I addicted to great sex? Yes, I am, and I have no shame saying I am because I embrace who I am, and I am embracing my love of sex. My addiction is only satisfied with great sex, and this can be hard to come by, but it sure is something I love to hold onto when I do find it. Embrace who you are and your love of sex, as I said earlier if it becomes a problem, my advice is seek professional help and just be honest to the professionals about your concerns and why.



No comments:

Post a Comment