Thursday 5 November 2015

Talking Sex!





As I sit here today talking to my friend about sex, it occurs to me that many people from around the world are most likely doing exactly the same thing with their friends, colleagues or with anyone that they are comfortable exploring the topic with. 

And Why not? I personly find it easy to talk about sex, and quite frankly anyone could ask me almost anything about sex and the majority of the time I will talk about it quite openly and candidly. The ease of openness I have with this topic is not always as easy for others. I have a friend who is far from at ease talking about sex, in fact, she often can't even say the word sex without going red and breaking into a tiny giggle her discomfort and anxiety evident in her red face and bumbled words. I have noticed she can speak more candidly to me when we are alone but to anyone else she is shy and nervous. I don't think this is a problem at all; it directly relates back to how she was taught to view sex, a topic we have previously referred to as the guilty sex disorder. 

As for me I don't have such problems, Yes, you will find me talking about sex in public, I have no problem with it, tho some of my friends refer to it as my lack of filter. I don't even care who is around me I feel no sense of embarrassment towards the topic at all. I am so unfazed by this subject that once while in a supermarket buying condoms with a guy I was having sex with, I unknowingly announced to the surrounding patrons that he possessed a well above average penis, actually he had the fortuity of being hung like a horse, but that's a whole other blog. He, unfortunately, is much like my friend and found this uncomfortable, evidently was much little less open about the subject matter in public or in general, unless extremely comfortable with the person who he was engaging with about the subject. He was blessed to have an above average size penis and as a result needed above average sized condoms XXL to be precise. I excitedly showed him his options but apparently I was too loud in my enthusiasm, he went bright red and said "there are old people just there" I replied with a smirk, "these look big enough, it's the biggest they have, and hey at least these kind people know we are responsible and protecting ourselves". I winked at him, but I could tell he was infact completely mortified.

In this world where sex is everywhere so many of us are still so shy about the subject, and it is still often a taboo subject. I understand religion and culture have played their part in how sex is perceived, along with how we are raised and our insecurity and views, but that does not mean I understand it. I embrace sex; I love sex I am not embarrassed, sex is natural and beautiful, and I will continue to encourage others to find pride and acceptance in their sexuality.
There is nothing wrong with loving sex, and there is nothing wrong with being modest, we are who we are.

Embrace the level of your comfort on the subject of sex, stick to where you feel comfortable and be proud of who you are, as long as you are enjoying it its all good, because you must be doing it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment