Monday 26 October 2015

Sexual Journey


I was sheltered, and I didn’t want to experience or explore further then missionary. Sadly this is true, why sadly? Well for me it’s sad because the world of sex is so diverse and interesting and something I wish I embraced earlier. I am grateful for finding my feet and exploring my sexuality beyond what I had done up to the age of 31. I was thankful I was able to do this with a man that didn’t push me beyond my comfort level, he was always respectful, and he helped create my now open mind toward sex. Things don’t shock me anymore, and I am very open-minded when it comes to the world of sex.

My sexual desire was not high, and it sure wasn’t interesting I became single and found myself opening up more to the people that were around me. My best friend has always been so open to sex, and I found her knowledge to be extremely helpful, she helped me become more comfortable talking about it and not only that but to seek more information about it. With this new confidence, I also hit the dating sites/apps that are so vastly available these days with access to the internet and with our smartphones it’s amazing. I found myself getting more self-esteem and stepping more outside of my shy self which was so revitalizing and refreshing.

I am so glad I stepped out of this shell of mine, and the comfort of just being at home because I tell you this world sure is just amazing. After a few encounters I found my confidence rise, I couldn’t believe the new person that I was developing into, yes most of the old me was still there that soft, sweet, kind, loyal and caring woman. This other side of sexual desire and need to explore beyond the bounds of the missionary has grown and blossomed creating a confident, strong and more independent women than I was before.

Over the years, I have done and experienced many things, things I hold no shame over. Why, you ask? Well, it’s all part of my journey. I want my kids to know about these experiences. No, not yet but as they age I will talk to them openly and honestly about sex and the things they need to know, if they ask me for mine, I will tell them that was my journey, and you will have your own, but I'm happy to give you my opinions. For now they are kids, and they don’t need to know the full truth about their mums opinions. All of this has sure made me realise if my parents were more open about it and talked to me about sex, my journey would have been different, and I wouldn’t have had the “guilty sex disorder” for so long. I am proud to say I have stepped away from this, and I am me, I am a sexual soul that enjoys what the world of sex has to offer. I have my boundaries and levels of what things I am comfortable with. I have no judgment on others own personal levels, and I refrain from using the slut ‘s’ word because truly if I cast that stone on another then someone who isn’t like me someone who has less of a desire to explore the world of sex could cast that stone on me.

It is amazing how we all take different paths in our lives including our sex journey and that some become quite out there, and others are reserved. Be proud of who you are and always be true to who you are when it comes to your sexual path. I am not an expert on sex, but I am an expert on myself. I am proud to say I have embraced my sexuality and my sexual desires I do choose who I share them with, and I chose how much I chose to share with my friends and family. I hold my head high and I am proud to say I LOVE sex, and my sexual journey has been a wonderful ride of learning and exploring.






No comments:

Post a Comment