Sunday 14 February 2016

Happy Valentines Day!


It's valentine’s day and I’m sitting at home in front of my computer thinking how vomiting this day can be, not only vomiting but lonely for some and sad too. Why is it this day brings us to the conclusion of feeling either loved or alone? I have married friends feeling lonely today more so today than they do any other day of the year with a few exclusions.

I wonder why it is that today is a lonely feeling day when it’s a day about love. First thing this morning I too was feeling alone, then I gave a good friend some advice. This made me go hang on, we are not alone, we are not lonely. All we need is love, let's face it we all have it in some way, you just need to see that.

Upon receiving a happy valentines day message from a male friend and returning the gesture. We chat as we usually do, I n a joking way he said he wishes I saw him other than a brother. I replied to this good friend of mine with some advice that made me stop and think about how I was already feeling on this day and that this friend was feeling the same even though he was married. How can we be alone I thought after saying this to my friend “love is love and we are lucky to have each other’s love”. My friends reply was “true” and I am so glad you're my friend. I felt love right there at that moment I no longer was alone, this love wasn’t a romantic one but it was love and I felt it.

Romantic love is overrated and isn’t always the love we need. I am lucky to have admirers from afar and admirers near they may see me as a friend, or see me as more but they are there and I should feel lucky to be surrounded by love.

I am single this valentine’s day, I didn’t get gifts, flowers, chocolates or even breakfast in bed but I did get a couple of messages from friends; male and female wishing me a happy day. I felt loved today, I felt special and I got to feel cared for, isn’t that is what Valentine ’s Day should be about?

The first time as a single person I haven’t hated on today. I haven’t spent the day angry or wishing I didn’t see people in love, I spent it feeling loved instead of unloved. I usually feel lonely on this day because I haven’t got that special someone. This year I did realise I have more than a special someone I just have it in many people instead.


So for all the single ladies and gentlemen take today as a day of appreciating all kinds of love. Show all those you love that they are loved. Take a look all around you and see you are also loved to. Love is found in many places and accepting all kinds into your heart is a wonderful way to live life and see today is about all these types of love.





HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment